Become a Registered LHA Assessor
Use this form to apply to Livable Housing Australia (LHA) for formal registration as an LHA Registered Assessor.
Once LHA has received your completed application, you will be sent an invoice for exam fees. Once the fees are received, LHA will provide details for logging into the online Registered Assessor exam. Once you have successfully completed the exam, Livable Housing Australia will confirm your registration by providing you with your Registration Number and a certificate and by adding your details to the Registered Assessor list available for download from the LHA website.
To be appointed as an LHA Registered Assessor, applicants must satisfy the following conditions.
- Applicants must be a registered Architect or registered Building Surveyor / Certifier (with unlimited license conditions) in one or more Australian States or Territories OR applicants must be able to demonstrate a similar level of technical and professional ability in the assessment of accessible dwellings AND must be registered with a professional or technical association or government agency. Applicants must provide details of their registration within this application form.
- Applicants must have attended and completed the LHA Registered Assessor Course and must provide evidence of this within this application form.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the Australian Construction Industry and must be able to demonstrate professional competence in Access Standards and regulations. Please include a brief schedule of experience as an attachment to this application.
- Applicants must hold a valid professional indemnity insurance policy. The policy must provide a minimum limit of indemnity of
- $1,000,000 for any single claim; and
- $2,000,000 in aggregate during any one period of insurance.
- A Copy of the Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate must be attached to this application.
- Applicants must commit to the Registered Assessor Code of Conduct. A signed copy of the Code of Conduct must be included with this application.
- Applicants must pass the Registered Assessor online exam. Details for logging into the exam will be emailed to the applicant once the completed application form is received by LHA.
- Applicants must pay the Registered Assessor online exam access fee of $300.00 + GST. Applicants will be invoiced by LHA for this fee.